Sunday, May 18, 2008

lost in translation #2


Dear Luv,

I once again got into a 'lost translation'. Our procurement team, consists of finance, logistician and purchase officer --Bataknese and Javanese persons, tried to figure what is a sothil or in English we called it stir out for the sake of an official purchase order.

So I texted and asked Vader 13 only to receive asnwer, "udh nanya ga da y tahu. kl di Medan namanya serokan,kl versi co y ga pnh msh (masuk, red) dapur saringan"

"Haha... that's funny. Btw what's it in Engl?" asked I then

"Fish-slice,kl sendok sayur ladle,saringan (jeruk,kopi)strainer.. weh ada gunanya bw modul MLW (My Little World, tempat dulu Vader 13 pernah berbakti pada anak-anak sebagai guru TK, red)

"Hehe.. I shoud have bought Disney's picture dictinry, shouldn't I? Thx, now I'll find terjemahannya di intnet. Crazy way to find Indo word by an Indonesian" texted I

"It is now officialy announced tht u, I, my two friends, n tht procurement team who created ths mess at first, fail d first test f being Indonesian" replied her.

"Yes, exactly my dear. Shall we start browsing new country?" cynical reply by me.

"And it's all because f tht silly sothil, hey if it was a real test, hw many f total population f our country'd b xtradited. m sure none f my famly'd be able 2 answer t"

"True! Damn sothil"


#end of discussion about sothil#


did we ever lost in translation regarding our relationship, Luv?
luv,
-onk-

No comments:

Post a Comment