Thursday, May 8, 2008

last weekend route: sirombu-hinako-bawa-...-himana-sirombu-pulau asu!




Dear Luv,

After 7 hours on the boat, it was a small boat of Pulau 8, I finally stepped my foot on Pulau Asu's white sand.

A week before:
Monday afternoon suddenly Ambyar came into the office with a big smile. His skin has got darker than when we met him previously in Saturday. I asked him in envy, "how's it?".
Ambyar answered (his smile was even wider), "Pulau Asu is not good, it is very good or even better hahaha...". Listened to his answer, Panda, Tinces and I determined to go. "My pride won't allowed to be left behind. I must reach that place", said Tinces.

...
It was a very hot Saturday afternoon, exactly 1.30 p.m when Tinces and I were walking to the Sirombu beach where the boats were docked. My heart beat fast as I saw the boat that would take me to Pulau Asu. The flawless island as said by Ambyar. I never like to ride on a boat, for I could not swim that good.

The sea was calm as I expected. Thank God. We went through some small islands to get other passengers. The boat was a transportation boat from one island to the others, in total there are 8 islands and Pulau Asu is the last destination. My heart beat was calmer as I saw the crew of the boat, they seemed know what they were doing, so I was relieved and I let the dymenhydrinat worked well, I fell asleep almost all the time.

The afternoon sun heat woke me up from my half-sleep (in Nias, the sun set at 6-30 to 7 p.m.). My sense got back in quick as I amazed by coral reefs below the water. I was enjoying the view of Pulau Himana when suddenly Vini, the captain of the boat came to us (Tinces and I) and apologized, "the daughters of the owner of this boat need to go to Pulau Asu as well", said he. Tinces smiled and I still didn't catch. So? Vini explanation has brought light nausea to my belly, "we have to go back to Sirombu to pick them up". What a ...?! It was 5.30 p.m. and I hadn't had my lunch and had been 3.5 hours on board and only 30 minutes away from Pulau Asu yet he told us that we needed to return to Sirombu, exactly to the same place from where we departed. "Oh well, we are in a 'wisata bahari' anyway", remarked Tinces and I had no choice than agreed upon her opinion.

Panda and Buyung were out for fishing when we got there, it was about 8.30 p.m. and we rushed to the warung to get some dinner. At exactly 12 p.m the light was out and I went into the room. Panda and Buyung were still on the sea, fishing. I met them when the dawn broke. They told me that they had many catches but left them to the fishermen with whom they gone fishing. We spent the whole sunday walking along the coast, took pictures and I played volleyball with Buyung --from which I got my right thumb injured and it is swelling until this second. The journey was closed by sunset, the most beautiful sunset I've ever shot :)

And we were not alone, some surfers were enjoying their waves under the big orange sun that tenderly set at west. Pulau Asu is said to be Indonesia's third best place for surfing. No wonder if many surfers, mostly foreigners named this island as hidden paradise. Brazillian surfers even have a club namely Gansgter Paradise in this small island. Pulau Asu's best times was in 1997 to 1999, when so many surfers and backpackers came throughout the years. Two bungalows are owned by Belgians, one of which is on sale now. Some others are belong to locales, which are cheaper yet comfortable.

Pulau Asu is indeed flawless. It's more than words can say, for me. I was startled with its white sand, the whitest sand I've ever seen. So there I was, chased the sun until the very west of Nias Islands. Pulau Asu is located at the western part of Pulau Nias, it is not the farthest but the very west island among the other islands in Nias. The farthest island is Pulau Telo, it takes more than 6 hours by boat or 60 minutes by small plane. Pulau Telo is situated at the southest part of Nias Islands at the border to West Sumatera.

In our inn, we met some policemen, they were having "high tension" discussion with a tourist and his guide. We didn't know what happen until one of the fishermen told us. There were some immigration and administration problems. Oh well, some shit bureaucracy sometimes hinders tourism in many Indonesia's hot spots. While negotiation run, the sea got darker as the night fell. The lights sparked from many spots of fishermen boats and tourist's yacht.

The sun had set on so our journey must end. On Monday morning, a few minutes after the dawn broke, we got on the boat and sailed to Sirombu. We followed "almost" the same route as when we came. Island to island, the view was awesome. The sea was again calm. The wind sang its lullaby and dymenhydrinat was never failed me, kicked away the nausea.

The journey will be continued to other island, to where I will chase my sunshine.


wish you were with me, witnessing the sun set on the very west of these Islands...
luv,
-onk-

No comments:

Post a Comment