Saturday, April 26, 2008

the worst place on earth? tell me about it...


Dear Luv,

I was just browsing lonely planet site, and I kinda surprised with what I've found there. And add to my surprise, I kinda agree with what people posted there :D

The site's page was discussing about the worst place in the world they've ever been. To my surprise, some of which I must totally agree, can't help it.

Medan is mentioned and Nias... gosh! . And... some friends immediately adding Nias also, responding my status in yahoo messenger. Nias undeniably has unique nature beauty, but some locales' ... their characters frustrated you to death. Don't take it wrong, I love this island, I love its natural beauty e.g. beaches, hills, traditional houses and stuffs. I have great times here... but sometimes it drives me crazy to be among stubborn fellows and hard characters of locales. Meskipun ada yg bilang: Sibolga is the worst and Nias is heaven after purgatory :D

Medan, aahh I never really get the beat. It's just an unfriendly city for me. I almost always got sick after returning from Medan. The loudly-speaking people, awful traffic, air pollution... oh well, I must agree that Medan is one of shit-holes in my beautiful world. My deep apology, thousands of apologizes for all folks and friends there, I must say sorry, but really-truly I can't stand not to agree upon their opinion.

Bangkok, hmm... I don't like that city since the beginning. For me, Bangkok is just another big-crowded-polluted city, almost like Jakarta. Still... I had good time when I was there :)

Batam, I just can't find anything good there, for I stay only in few days.

Among all postings, I found the funniest one:
Re: THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD!%**????????
From where I've been so far, I'd have to say Tangier, Morocco as well. "Hey buddy, you wanna guide/smoke/get high/girl/my sister/me?" Uh, no...

I never been to Morocco, but reading the posting I understand why he/she pissed-off.

And you know what, as what you've suggested long ago, I wanna start writing reviews on places I've visited :D

Alrite, wanna start recollecting, hahaha...
luv,
-onk-

1 comment:

  1. Yooo partner..... itukan suara hatimu???? hehehehe....

    ReplyDelete