Monday, May 22, 2006

[...] inspired by The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Dear Luv,


Have you ever wanted to forget one of the moments in your life?
If you have the chance, which of your memories you prefer to erase?

I was petrified as I asked myself, which memory of mine that I will prefer to erase? On my first thought, it's the memory of you I would like to forget. You, whose smiles greet my inner heart, move me to dance with tones I've never heard before, like chimes of distant bells. It's true, your love is just a chimera.

I hate to know that the memory of you remains, that I am not over you yet. I wanna stop remembering the way you look at me when you were simply saying “hey”; the way your touch melts me; the taste of dishes you cooked me on my birthday; all biggest warm hugs and gentlest kisses; and the memory of you sharing me the same dream of walking on the same path, struggling for the same will and living the same love. I don’t wanna be bothered again by the hope for having you again that is springing deep inside. I hate realizing you are the love I’ve ever had. I hate to admit how your voices calmed my anger down.

Having memories of you is hurt. I know, since I still remember every seconds of your existence; the words, the laughs, the fights, the tears, the touches, the love we learned to live from the time it was uttered ‘till you bade me adieu. You taught me how.

On my second thought, if I erase the memory of you, will I remember to love?

luv,

-onk

No comments:

Post a Comment